Baguet Velo Events BVBA
Last changes : october 2019
This statement replaces all previous versions.
This Statement may be amended at all times.
Please check regularly if there are adjustments
Baguet Bicycle Center gives its customers unforgettable moments on and next to the bike. But we also take care of the personal data that you share with us. In this privacy statement we explain how we use personal data to offer you a more effective and efficient user experience that is specially tailored to you.
Baguet Bicycle Center is a registered trademark of Baguet Velo Events BVA.
Baguet Velo Events BVBA, referred to within this policy as BVE, with registered office at Hagelkouter 6 in 9521 Sint-Lievens-Houtem, is responsible for processing the personal data that they hold about you. The processing of personal data is done in accordance with the provisions of Belgian privacy legislation and the AVG dated. 27/04/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation, better known as GDPR).
The controller is BVE (in this Statement “we”, “we”, or “us”).
We strive to carefully collect, use and protect your personal data at all times. Your privacy is important to us, so take the time to read our Privacy statement carefully.
Content of this statement
- Legal basis for the processing of personal data
- Purposes for which personal data are processed
- Use of personal data
- storage of personal data
- Protection of personal data
- Sharing of personal data
- Access to and updating of your personal data and complaints
- Storing cookies and simular technologies
- Links to other websites
- Functions for social media
1. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
We only collect and use your personal data if at least one of the following conditions is met:
We have your permission
- When creating a new customer profile, you give us permission to process your personal data.
It is necessary to process your data in the context of a booking or to take steps at your request before we enter into a contract with you
- We must process your personal data in order to manage your profile or booking, to be able to provide the desired services and to help you with any orders.
We must comply with a legal obligation
- When you travel abroad, we are sometimes required (because the governmental authorities at the place of departure and / or arrival so require) to release and process your personal data in the context of border control, immigration, security and the fight against terrorism, or for any other purpose that is deemed appropriate.
To protect your essential interests or those of someone else
- Your insurance company, their agents and medical staff can exchange relevant personal data and special categories of personal data with us if we are to act on your behalf or in the interest of other customers or in an emergency.
It is in the public interest or we have an official authorization to process your data
- We may use personal data in safety operations, accidents or similar incidents and in the context of insurance and medical care.
- The processing of your data is in our legitimate interest or that of third parties and these interests are not secondary to your interests or rights.
To personalize your user experience
- We can use your personal data to gain a better understanding of your interests and to predict which other services and information might interest you. This way we can tailor our communication to you so that you receive information that is relevant and interesting for you.
In very exceptional circumstances
- If we have to process special categories of personal data, such as medical data, we will only do this if one or more additional conditions are met. For example, if we have your explicit approval; if the processing is necessary to protect your essential interests or those of someone else and you are physically or legally unable to give consent; if the processing is necessary to file, exercise or defend legal claims; or if the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest.
2. Purposes for which personal data are processed
To deliver the desired services
We must process your personal data in order to manage your profile or booking, to provide the desired services and to help you with any bookings.
To manage and improve our services and daily business activities
We use personal data to manage and improve our services, websites, customer programs and other services. We examine how our services are used to better protect your personal data and to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and misuse of our services. This way we can ensure that you can use our services safely.
We may use personal data in safety operations, accidents or similar incidents and in the context of insurance and medical care.
We use personal data for market research and internal research and development activities and to develop and improve our range of services and the way we communicate with you.
To personalize the user experience
We want to ensure that the marketing messages about our services and those of our suppliers and partners match your interests. That is why we can use your personal data to gain a better understanding of your interests and to predict which other services and information interest you most. This way we can tailor our communication to you so that you receive information that is relevant and interesting for you. Based on your surfing behavior and purchases, we can send personalized offers and provide services. We can also measure your reactions to marketing messages about our services, which means we can offer you services that better meet your needs as a customer. If you do not wish to receive personalized information from us, you can change your preferences online, by telephone or in writing (eg via e-mail) at any time. We will then adjust our data as quickly as possible.
To provide you with an even better service, we use personal data to clarify matters or to help you if you contact us via e-mail or social media, by post or by telephone. We must process your personal data in order to manage the promotions. This also applies to the promotions that we organize in collaboration with our suppliers and partners. We need this information if, for example, you win a prize. We can invite you to participate in customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities conducted by ourselves or other organizations that we engage. To gain a better understanding of our customers and to offer a more efficient service, we can combine the personal information that we keep when you make purchases through our website with the personal information that we store when you visit our website. We do not sell your personal data to third parties.
3. Use of personal data
When registering as a user and for one of our services, you provide us with the following information:
- personal data, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth.
- login details, such as your username and password that you have chosen.
Information we collect when consulting our website:
- Your preferences regarding cycling holidays
- Information about your surfing behavior on our website
- Information about your click behavior
- Information about how you access our digital services, such as the operating system, IP address, online identifiers and information from your browser.
- Social preferences, interests and activities
Information we collect when you contact us
- Personal data that you provide such as your name, username and contact information.
- The data of e-mails and other digital messages that we exchange.
Information we collect from online bookings
- Passenger information, passport data and possibly data from other identity documents
- Data for the possible insurance policies
- Relevant medical data and any special wishes, for example in connection with diet, religion or disability.
- Information about your purchases, such as what you bought, when and where you bought it, how you paid for it, and credit card and other payment details.
Information about other people that you provide in case of quotes and bookings
- We use the personal data provided by you from others, for example from the people on your booking.
- If you provide personal data of others, you must be sure that they agree and allow you to provide this information. You must also ensure that they know how their personal data can be used by us, if applicable.
4. storage of personal data
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the performance of the services listed in this Privacy Statement and / or for compliance with legislation and regulations. After this period, we will safely delete your personal data. If the data is needed after this period for analytical, historical or other legitimate business purposes, we will take appropriate measures to make this data anonymous.
5. Protection of personal data
We know how important it is to manage and protect your personal data. We therefore take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data against accidental loss, unauthorized access, use, change and disclosure.
The security of your data also depends on you. For example, if you have chosen a password to access certain services, you must ensure that it remains confidential.
The personal data that we hold about you can be transferred to or stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Your personal data can also be processed by organizations that work for us or for one of our suppliers outside the EEA. We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data remains adequately protected and that it is used in accordance with this Statement. Examples of these protective measures are contractual clauses, such as the model clauses approved by the European Commission, and appropriate security measures.
6. Sharing of personal data
Sharing of personal data with suppliers and partners
In order to be able to offer the services you require, we can share your personal data with the providers of the final travel services, such as airlines, hotels and transport companies.
We also work with carefully selected suppliers who perform certain tasks for us. These companies help us, for example, with our IT services, processing payments and delivering services.
It may be necessary to share personal data with a view to establishing, exercising and defending our legal rights, for example to prevent fraud and limit the credit risk.
If we share personal information with other organizations, we oblige them to keep this information secure and we prohibit them from using it for their own marketing purposes.
We only share the personal data that our suppliers and partners need to be able to offer us and you their services.
Sharing of personal data with authorities
When you travel abroad, we are sometimes required (because the governmental authorities at the place of departure and / or arrival so require) to release and process your personal data in the context of border control, immigration, security and the fight against terrorism, or for any other reason. what other purpose that is deemed appropriate.
We can also share the minimum required personal data with other public authorities if this is legally required or permitted.
7. Access to and updating of your personal data and complaints
We want to be sure that the personal information we hold about you is correct and up-to-date. Please let us know if the information we have is incorrect.
You can also ask us to correct or delete your personal data or transfer it to another organization, if technically feasible, and you can object to the processing thereof. We will update or delete your data unless we are required to retain this information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you at any time, even though you can view the personal data associated with your account or booking yourself online.
You can ask us in writing for a copy of the other personal data that we hold about you. In this case, please provide us with all the information we need to identify and locate your personal data. Where we can grant you access to your data, we will do this free of charge. If you request additional statements, we will charge a reasonable fee based on the administrative costs.
You can also contact us if you have a complaint about how we collect, store or use your personal data. We will do everything we can to resolve complaints, but if you are not satisfied with our response, you can file a complaint with the national data protection service (www.privacycommission.be).
Please send your written question or complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity before we process your request or complaint. If you contact us on behalf of someone else, we may also ask you for additional information to ensure that you are authorized to make such a request or complaint.
8. Storing cookies and simular technologies
Cookies are small data files that the website stores to collect and store all kinds of data on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
Cookies help to offer important functions and possibilities on the website: we use these to optimize your user experience.
You will find all information about this in the separate Cookie statement.
9. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to websites that are managed by other organizations with their own privacy statements. Please read the terms and conditions and privacy statement carefully before submitting your personal data on websites of other organizations. BVE is not responsible or liable for the websites of other organizations.
10.Functions for social media
Our website contains functions for social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram, which have their own privacy statements.
Make sure you carefully read their terms and conditions and the privacy statement before you enter personal data; we accept no responsibility or liability for these functions.